Apple Ring Pancakes

Last year on fall we went to an apple orchard. Oh, what a fun we had that day, apple donuts, apple cider and fresh apples. With my son I was also excited when we are picking apples from the apple tree. Over their I learned that hundred or more varieties of apple species exit. We only get three or four types of apple generally in our grocery store. In fall my house is full with apples, I love to make apple fritters, jam,sauce and apple cake. But I never tried apple ring pancakes. My son love pancakes and when he taste apple ring pancakes he was surprised but he finish his plate and ask for more. Normal pancake with a twist of apples, best thing to surprise your kids on breakfast :)

Serves - 4 

Preparation time - 20 minutes


Cooking time - 30 minutes






Ingredients:-

Sliced appke


1 big apple(cored)                               

1 cup all purpose flour

1 cup milk
Pancake batter

1 egg

2 tsp baking powder                                
1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp vegetable oil/ melted butter

1 tbsp vegetable oil extra                                  
cooking pancake

1 tsp vanilla extract    

Maple syrup or honey 

Method:-



Slice apple into 1/4 inch slices,if you want you can peeled it, but I did  it with peel.

In a bowl add all purpose flour,egg, baking powder, milk, 2 tbsp vegetable oil/butter, sugar,vanilla extract,salt and milk well.

Heat a skillet in medium heat. In a paper towel drop some oil and rub the skillet with it. 

Dip each apple ring on pancake batter and place it on skillet. Cook 2 - 3 minutes both sides of pancakes. 

Serve immediately with maple syrup or honey. 


Happy Cooking:)


Comments

  1. Aha, interesting invention. Never realise how sensational apple pancakes can be until I see all of it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my invention actually,though you r right its awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment