Chicken and Mushroom stir fry

It often happens to me that I am not in the mood to make dinner though I love to cook. If my husband gets knowledge about that he certainly will opt for pizza or burger take out. But yesterday was different, our bachelor friend who lives nearby was coming for dinner. He doesn't get time to make dinner every day and satisfy his tummy with fast food, he was especially coming to eat some homemade food. Last time he visited I promised him to make Chinese dishes. So I sit quietly sipping a cup of chamomile herbal tea to soothe my mind and thought what should I make fast which will be tasty. Chamomile tea did it best I end up with making Fried rice, Thai Shrimp curry and Chicken and Mushroom stir fry. After dinner when he was very happy with food told me "Bhabi(sister in law) your cooking is lajawabab(awesome)". Once I thought to confess that I am not in the mood for cooking but cherish his praising and smiled.

Serves - 4

Preparation time - 20 minutes

Cooking time - 30 minutes







Ingredients:-


1  1/2 cup chicken (bite-size pieces)

1 cup mushroom(small pieces)

1 tbsp soy sauce

3 tbsp fish sauce

1 tsp black pepper powder

1 tbsp green chilies

1 tbsp garlic paste

1 tsp sugar

1 tsp sesame seeds

1/2 cup onion chopped

1 tbsp spring onion

Salt for seasoning

Olive oil as needed



Method:-


Heat  2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add chicken pieces and fry until nicely light brown. Take it out and keep aside.

In the same frying pan heat 1 tbsp of Olive oil. Add sesame seeds. Add chopped onions saute it for 2 minutes. Add garlic paste fry a bit then add mushroom pieces, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, sugar, green chilies, black pepper powder and fry for 1 minute then add fried chicken and mix very well.

Fry until chicken and mushrooms are soft and water evaporates. Garnish with spring onion. Serve hot with your choice of rice preparation.



Happy Cooking:)



Comments