Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Cilantro


I love to cook. When a good preparation brings smile to the face of my dearest,it’s satisfy me most. In my family my son and husband both love to eat chicken dishes. sometime I try to make new preparations with same old ingredients which are normally available in our household. Chicken drumstick is one of my favorite, which you can use to make chicken lollipop, chicken tandoori etc. but with chicken drumstick I am going to share a new recipe which is quite like tandoori but not in Indian style.
Once I went to a Mediterranean restaurant, in one of their dishes I tasted garlic and cilantro. That dish was so fresh and scrumptious. I couldn’t make the way they did. I just take that concept and make it on my own way.  That is “Baked chicken drumsticks with cilantro”. Considering health issues I always try to avoid oily and spicy food, but no one likes tasteless food, with this recipe I just tried to keep balance on both.
Chicken drumsticks which we bought from market have skin on it. If you don’t like it  peel it, but if you let it on then it gives a crunchy taste.











Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Cilantro
Cooking time -50 minutes
Preparation -20 minutes
Serves – 4
Ingredients
Chicken Drumsticks -8 piece, Garlic – 2tbsp minced ,Soya sauce – 2tbsp,Olive oil – 3 tbsp
Black pepper powder – 2 tsp,Garlic powder 2 tsp,Lemon juice – 2tbsp,Cilantro – 1 cup chopped.
Green chilies – 4/ 5 finely chopped, All-purpose flour/Maida – ¼ cup
Salt to taste.
Method:

First take a fork and pierce chicken drumsticks well.
Add garlic powder, pepper powder, soya sauce, salt and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Mix it well.
Put marinate drumsticks in freezer for minimum 6 hours, but overnight will do best.
Take the chicken out of the freezer and wait for 30 minutes. Preheat oven in 400 degree F .

Then take a Ziploc bag and put all-purpose flour on it and add chicken drumsticks, lock the bag and shake it well until chicken pieces are well coated with flour

In a baking tray brush some olive oil. Arrange chicken drumsticks in baking tray and bake it for 20 minutes, then  flip those chicken pieces and bake for another 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes wait for the  color to turn into light brown, if not  bake for some more minutes. After baking take it out in a bowl.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add minced garlic and stir, let it fry for 2 minutes and then add green chilies and stir it well.
Switch off the stovetop and now add chopped cilantro and lemon juice mix it and pour it over on baked chicken drumsticks.
Toss well and place it on a serving tray and enjoy.


Happy cooking

















Comments