Narkoler Kochuri (coconut puffs)

Morning is tough. Waking up early, making breakfast, preparing my kid for school, it’s hectic. But in the weekend it’s different, waking up late sipping a cup of coffee in a rocking chair and watching the changing color of trees it’s amazing. Just near my balcony, there is a maple tree now its leaves are getting reddish day by day which reminds me of my Palash tree back in India. Memories are like a stack of stories waiting to be cherished again. I remember in winter days, Sunday morning my mom or my aunts used to make kachoris. Mouthwatering kachoris with dal or potato curry it’s amazing. We were very fond of hinger kochuri, peas kochuri. But narkoler kochuri was not so familiar. One of my aunts made me some and  I can’t forget that taste, it’s so easy but so tasty. I thought to make it in today’s breakfast and surprise my hungry husband. And It’s a success his smiling face tells me everything.

Narkoler Kochuri (Coconut puffs)





                                                      NARKOLER KOCHURI


Cooking time – 10 minutes
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Serves – 2/3
Ingredients:
All-purpose flour (Maida) – 2 cup
Coconut – grated 1cup
Green chili – ¾
Chat masala – 1tsp
Onion -1/2 cup coarsely chopped
Coriander leaves/cilantro – 2 tbsp.
Vegetable oil to fry
Salt to taste.
Method
Take bowls to add all-purpose flour and add 2 tbsp. of oil and ½ tsp salt. Mix it thoroughly for 4/5 minutes then add water slowly and knead it into a tight dough. Put aside and cover with a lid for 20 minutes.
Now for the filling, in a bowl add grated coconut, green chili, chat masala, onion, coriander leaves, salt. Mix it well.

Divide dough into small balls. With a rolling pin roll those balls into round puri shape. Now take one puri to place it on a flat surface and take 1 tbsp. of filling and place it over this puri, now with another puri cover it. Now just with hand, press the ends of both puris together and press it with a fork. Heat oil in a kadhai/ frying pan and fry them on medium heat flipping them once.  until they turn into light brown.  Take a paper towel in a bowl and place those fried puri. Now enjoy with curry or chutney of your choice.

Happy Cooking


visit us Facebook page Shades of Cooking
,

Comments

  1. This really is so lovely... never had this... will try yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my aunt's recipe,yeh its very tasty 😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment