Carrot Cupcake

This year winter is delaying a bit and it's not going to be a white Christmas for sure,  for my son since the day we put on the tree it's Christmas already . All over the world festivals are  similar. You need decorations, presents and gifts, family and friends and most of all- good food. Back in India my mom and aunts used to make sweet dishes in Durga Puja or other festivals. Beside all sweet shops, homemade sweets are divine. My son also loves to eat sweet or dessert ,I make at home. Cup cakes and cookies are his favorite. I am not so good in baking things, but when your son loves something to eat, you have to try that frequently. Especially in Christmas season there is a magic in the air, smells of freshly baked cake or cookies is awesome. I never ate carrot cake before but one of my friends said that they are scrumptious .So this Christmas I tried Carrot Cupcake. The recipe which I got inspired has a frosting on the top, but am not  very fond of frosting .I had some leftover cranberry apple sauce which I used on this recipe. My son loved it he gave me extra hug and crowned me as best mom of the world.  This recipe goes to those moms who wants to be best moms of the world. Happy Christmas

Makes – 12 Cupcakes


Ingredients
1 cup white sugar

2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 cup finely grated carrot
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
1 cup cranberry apple sauce


Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Grease 12 muffin or line with paper liners. In a large mixing bowl stir white sugar, vegetable oil and eggs until well combined. 
Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into liquid ingredients.
Add carrot and cranberry applesauce and vanilla essence. Mix thoroughly. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them to the top.
Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted and came out clean, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.

Happy Cooking

Visit us on Facebook Page shadesofcooking


Comments