Green Noodles

In my childhood  grandpa  used to take me to grocery shop (mudi masalar dokan). I was always  surprised by grocery shop. For me it was a magical shop. Spices, herbs, lentils different type of rice hundred of items .  I used to surprise how people remember where a particular items belongs to... Every time I used to enter that shop, pungent smell of spice embraced me. Now -a- days  most of them are departmental store ,they are more convenient and easy to find your things. Last week we went to an Asian/Chinese grocery shop which is very near to our present location in Detroit. It’s a departmental grocery store, and I got same feelings of my childhood. I would rather say it’s a museum . I can’t remember now but roughly 20 types of noodles, 30 types of sauce, types of powder herbs etc. Truly speaking I lost myself. They have lot of Indian vegetables that we can’t get in Indian Stores. We roamed  around three times, the entire aisle. I  took some spices which I use, from noodle section I got spinach flavored green Noodles.
I had no idea how would it taste.  To maintain  the  green color I used only green vegetables and chicken and it tastes very good.You will get in all the Asian /Chinese market.



Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 10 minutes


Ingredient
3 cakes of Green Noodle
½ cup Green beans (cut into small pieces )
½ cup Broccoli(small pieces of florets)
½ cup  Green cabbage(shredded)
½ cup of Portabella mushroom(cut into small pieces)
1 bunch of Spring  onions
2 piece of Bamboo shoots
4 Green chili
½ cup Onion
1 tbsp  Garlic paste
1 cup of Chicken( boiled and shredded)
2 tsp Soyasauce
1 tsp white pepper
Salt to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil




Method
Boil noodle by following instructions written on the packet.
Heat oil in frying pan or wok and add garlic paste, let it light brown in color then add onion fry a little bit, then add green chili, green beans ,broccoli, bamboo shoot and fry. After 2 minutes add salt , soyasauce , white pepper powder and stir it oil. Now add mushroom , boiled chicken, and cabbage. Fry it a little bit then add noodle and mix it very well. After it mixed very well and vegetables are cooked add spring onion and switch off the stove. Green noodles with green vegetables are ready to eat.
It looks very well taste very well and as well good for health.   



Happy Cooking


Visit us on Facebook at shadesofcooking

Comments

Post a Comment