Gokul Pithe

Gokul Pithe, Gokul pithe recipe, bengali recipe, bengali dishes, bengali misti, pitha recipe, bengali pitha recipe, poush parbon recipe, misti recipe, Indian sweet recipe,shadesofcooking

Gokul Pithe:

My dad, inspirations of all my creative work. He teaches me to cook lots of dishes along with some Bengali delicacies. He is a good cook and foodie. He always pumps me when I am down, always indulge me when I need to, always protect me when I needed most. I believe his words and try to follow still today. When I cook some dishes of his favorite I feel pain inside as I am not able to make him taste it, I am living thousands of miles away from him.
Every year when winter comes he used to tell me about his grandma who used to make Gokul Pithe, and he also told me to try it. By his word, I understand he loves to eat Gokul Pithe. Though I am able to make it for him I thought to give a try. After it came out well I told my dad that this year I made 'Gokul Pithe', I can't make him taste it but hearing his voice, I feel he is happy.
Presenting Gokul Pithe a winter delicacy from Bengal.


Gokul Pithe, Gokul pithe recipe, bengali recipe, bengali dishes, bengali misti, pitha recipe, bengali pitha recipe, poush parbon recipe, misti recipe, Indian sweet recipe

Cuisine -Bengali
Dish- Dessert
Author - Usashi Mandal
Serving- 6
Preparation time - 50 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes

Other Pitha Recipe:
Patishapta
Misti Aloo r Malpua
Muger Bhaja Puli

Gokul Pithe, Gokul pithe recipe, bengali recipe, bengali dishes, bengali misti, pitha recipe, bengali pitha recipe, poush parbon recipe, misti recipe, Indian sweet recipe

Ingredients:


For the batter:                                   For Pur/ filling
1/4 cup all-purpose flour                3 cups of grated coconut
1/4 cup of rice flour                          1 cup sugar/ jaggery
2 tbsp sooji(semolina)                  Cardamom powder
1/2 cup milk                                    

For the sugar syrup:
2 cups of palm jaggery/ sugar
1 cup of water

Vegetable oil/ ghee for frying.


Gokul Pithe, Gokul pithe recipe, bengali recipe, bengali dishes, bengali misti, pitha recipe, bengali pitha recipe, poush parbon recipe, misti recipe, Indian sweet recipe


Instructions:
Making Pur :
In a pan mix grated coconut, sugar/ jaggery. Cook in low flame until sticky and oil separate. Sprinkle cardamom powder and keep aside to cool.

Making the Batter:
In a mixing bowl add all ingredients and make a thick batter. Don't add milk all at once pour as needed. keep aside.

Making Syrup:
In a deep pan add water and jaggery and boil until came to a one string consistency.

Making Gokul Pithe:

1. In a frying pan heat ghee/ oil.

2. Make small balls out of the Pur mixture and dip them into the batter and fry them in heated oil.

3. Fry them in low flame until light brown and drain them in a kitchen towel. Do the same to all.

4. Now dip them in sugar syrup. Let them soak for 1 hour before serving. Pitha tastes good if served cold or if consumed the next day.

Enjoy!!

Gokul Pithe, Gokul pithe recipe, bengali recipe, bengali dishes, bengali misti, pitha recipe, bengali pitha recipe, poush parbon recipe, misti recipe, Indian sweet recipe




Comments