ChamCham

Rajbhog, Roshogolla, Chum chum,  Chamcham, Bengali misti recipe, Bengali misti, festive recipes

ChamCham:

I don't know about others, my best stressbusters are food. When I get anxious and stressed I start eating food or cooking food. Cooking food basically helps a lot, as cooking is my passion, experimenting with something new increases my concentration and helps to relieve stress. Recently as I am trying, yes trying (not successful yet)to be on shape for stressbusting  I only cook and when I don't want to cook, I watch youtube videos even food pictures. Misti, Bengali sweet pictures have something I don't know it relaxed my nerve. Now - a day I am watching only Bengali sweet pictures. Last week when I am looking those pictures I saw Chum Cham picture. After seeing them I am drooling and I am craving for those. I last feel this type of craving when I am in my family way.
Hence, Cham cham is not available nearby I decided to make it. I don't want to exaggerate but it comes out too good. It is soft, sweet, mawa and sugar mix in the middle with a handful of pistachios.  Lastly, I role it out in mawa powder. Oh God! it is something.
People in Kolkata can have those in Misti Shop but outside from Kolkata or India, Bengalis know what a pain to have good Bengali misti. For them especially try my recipe it is tricky but super easy.  Surprise your near and dear ones with this marvelous sweet in this festive season.


Some other sweets from my kitchen :
Sandesh
Baked Roshogolla
Narkel Naru
Mango Malai Cham Cham
Roshogolla
Pantua/ Gulabjamun

-----------------------------------------
Course - Dessert/ Sweet dish
Dish- Bengali
Author- Usashi Mandal
Serves- 5
Preparation time - 45 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes

Ingredients:

2-liters whole milk
3 cups of sugar
6 cups of water
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cardamom pods
1 pinch saffron
2 tbsp chopped pistachios
1/2 cup mawa powder
2 tbsp powdered sugar


Method:

Step 1: Making Chana

Follow the link to see the process of Chana:
How to make chana

Step 2: Making Chamcham:

1. Place chana/cottage cheese on a big bowl. Knead it firmly for 10-15 minutes. Kneading chana is a vital point while making Chamcham or any sweets made out of chana.

2. After 10 minutes the chana will be softer and it will come together like a dough.

3. Divide the chana dough, make a  long pillow-like shape out of it. Give the dough long pillow-like and do the same with the rest.

4. With this amount of Chana, you can make 10 Chamcham out of it. 

5. Be sure that there is no crack on chana balls otherwise it will break in boiling water.

6.Cover chana balls with a damp cloth to prevent drying.

Step 3: Cooking Chamcham:

1. In a big pot add 3 cups of sugar and 6 cups of water. Add crushed cardamom pods on it. Let it boil. 

2. When it starts bubbling add Chamcham on it. Close the lid. 

3. Cook Chamcham for 30 minutes in high flame. Sugar syrup needs to bubble all the time when Chamcham is cooking.  

4. Switch off the flame after 30 minutes and let it cool on that pot only. 



5. After it cools down after 30 - 40 minutes, place them on a plate. With a knife cut the Chamcham half lengthwise. Keep attaching one side of it. Do the same with all.

Step 4: Stuffing and making Chamcham:

1. In a bowl add 2 tbsp of mawa powder and 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.

2. Stuffed 1 tsp of the mixture inside the Chamcham and press some chopped pistachios on it.

3. On a plate spread the rest of mawa powder and roll carefully the stuffed Chamcham on it. 

4. Finally, add saffron strands and chopped pistachios on top of it.

5. Chamcham is ready to roll. Enjoy the festive season with this delicious sweet.






Happy  Durga Puja!!



Comments