Brocolli Cheddar Soup


Broccoli Cheddar Soup:


A gloomy, foggy and cloudy day at the weekend!  I don't want to ever. However, the weather never or ever listens to anyone neither me. I wake up late, just literally pull myself out of the bed. The first thing which came to my mind is soup. We had chicken soup and wonton soup a lot this week. I decide to make Broccoli Cheddar soup, my family loves this soup. 
In lunch, I serve Broccoli Cheddar soup with bread. My son announced it is like Panera Bread(Restaurant, famous for soups). I am happy that in the soup he is eating Broccoli without any force or nagging. I had the soup and now peacefully I can dig on my book, today I got some extra time for not making elaborate spread for lunch. 
When I start reading the book it starts raining and somehow  I am not feeling so bad after all. I think the soup, changed my mood. Sometimes a bowl full of warm soup does the wonder. If you want to feel the same check the ingredients and make a bowl. Happy weekend!


Course - Lunch/ Dinner
Dish - American
Author - Usashi Mandal
Serves - 4
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes

Another soup recipe:
Chicken wonton soup


Ingredients:

1 cup chopped Carrots
1 cup chopped Broccoli
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp garlic paste
2 cup half and half milk
2 cups of vegetable stock
2 tsp black pepper powder
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp oatmeal powder
Salt for seasoning

Instructions:

1. Heat a big pan and melt the butter. Add chopped onions fry until translucent. Add the garlic paste and fry until light brown. 
2. Add carrots and broccoli, fry for a while then add cups of half and half milk and the vegetable stock. Let it boil on simmer temperature for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes the vegetable will be cooked add oatmeal powder stir it up then add the grated cheddar cheese, salt, and black pepper powder.
4. Cook for another 5 minutes until the cheese melt.
5. Check the seasoning add some more cheese on the top before serving. Serve hot with bread.

Enjoy!






Comments