Lebu pata diye doi r ghol( Yogurt drink with lime leaves)


Last Friday was my son's Field Day. Every year with my son I also enjoy the day most. Cheering with the class, running, clapping. I feel like my childhood, my school days. This year Oh Gosh! The temperature is 95 degrees F. Apart from enjoying and all the fun moment  I am exhausted, tanned, and thirsty. I drank bottles of water and Gatorade but no use. After coming back home I made our own and ethnic Bengali style doi er ghol(yogurt drink)with lebu pata(lime leaves). Lime or Lemon as available is one of my favorite ingredients as summer coolers, and Lime leaves which I bought from Asian market last week have a subtle fragrance which gives a fresh feeling and enriches the drink more. Along with lemon juice, I add some chopped lime leaves in yogurt, with sugar and pinch of rock salt. This doi er ghol/chanch(yogurt drink) can beat all summer coolers. It gives me a soothing feeling and with that comfort, I wrote down this blog. Check out the recipe and beat the heat in this summer with lebu pata diye ghol.

Course - Beverages
Cuisine - Bengali
Author - Usashi Mandal
Preparation time -10 minutes
Making time - 5 minutes
Serving - 2

Other similar recipes:-


Ingredients:

2 cups of plain yogurt
2 tbsp fresh lime/lemon juice
1 tsp rock salt
4 tbsp sugar
5 chopped lime leaves
5 cups of water

Method:

1. In a blender add yogurt, lime juice, salt, sugar, lime leaves, and water.

2. Blend for 1 minute when it has done strain the ghol/yogurt drink on a strainer to strain the lime leaves/lebu pata from the drink.

3. Enjoy refreshing lime leaves/lebu pata diye/scented doi er ghol/yogurt drink. Healthy lebu pata diye ghol is ready to beat the summer heat.

Comments